The Past Continuous Tense


  1. When I __________ the classroom my best friend was there and he _________ for me.
    was entering / waited
    entered / was waiting
    was enter / was wait
    enter / were waiting


  2. There were two other students in the class. One of them __________ his homework, the other _________ to music.
    were doing / was listening
    did / were listen
    was doing / was listening
    were doing / was listen


  3. My friend David __________ my book to do his homework. While he __________his homework, I __________ reading my book.
    wanted / was doing / started
    was wanting / did / was starting
    wants / does / was starting
    were wanting / were doing / was started


  4. It was five minutes before the lesson started. Gradually, other students __________ as well.
    was arriving
    was arrive
    were arrive
    were arriving


  5. When the teacher entered the classroom, most of the students __________ among themselves.
    was talking
    wasn’t talking
    weren’t talked
    were talking


  6. While the students __________ for the teacher to check their homework, the teacher wrote a problem on the board.
    were waiting
    were waited
    was waiting
    was waited


  7. While some students __________ that problem in their notebooks, the teacher _________ if there were any students who could solve the problem.
    was writing / asked
    were writing / asked
    was writing / was asking
    wrote / was asking


  8. While all the students _____________ to find excuses, I raised my hand to solve the problem on the board.
    was trying
    was tried
    were trying
    were tried


  9. While I __________ the solution of the problem, some of the students __________ me about the solution.
    was writing / was questioning
    were writing / questioned
    wrote / was questioning
    was writing / were questioning


  10. I solved the problem and sat down while some of my friends ____________ me.
    were applauding
    applauding
    was applauding
    were applauded




Bu blogdaki popüler yayınlar

Prepositions 4 Test